What Are Your Plans For The 4th?
What Are Your Plans For The 4th? Why not celebrate the 4th of July and the birth of our Nation with the Bismarck-Mandan Symphony Orchestra! Dr. Beverly Everett is the executive director and conductor of one of the best kept secrets in our area.
If you haven't been to one of their performances or haven't been in a while, this Saturday, July 4th at the Capitol Mall is the place to be. The Live Music starts at 8pm and the Fireworks begin at dark. Of course this is a Family Friendly event and something that I think we all need right now, but there is SOMETHING YOU NEED TO KNOW:
The Bismarck-Mandan Symphony Orchestra has been in contact with Bismarck-Burleigh Public Health’s Environmental Division, has a permit and will follow the ND Smart Restart protocol for Mass Gatherings and Universal Protocols as noted below:
- Have signage at all entry points reminding people to maintain social distancing
- Reduce the size of the orchestra so the players can maintain social distancing
- Have hand sanitizer available at all Spiffy Biffs
- Reduce the number of vendors
- Have all vendor contracts include language that they will adhere to the ND Smart Restart guidelines
- Eliminate the VIP seating area, which had chairs right next to each other
- Asking people who are high risk or have symptoms to stay home
- Make announcements throughout the evening asking people to respect social distancing
- Urge the wearing of cloth masks
Also of note, due to construction that is ongoing at the capitol mall in the space where the event takes typically takes place, there are space limitations and constraints due to COVID-19 guidelines. As a result, this year they won’t have a VIP section and haven’t invited local officials and dignitaries to take part.
Please plan on attending, be safe and be respectful of others. Click on the link for more information about the Bismarck-Mandan Symphony Orchestra or this event...SOMETHING YOU NEED TO KNOW!